Jean Fisher

 

Kfar Yona was established on lands in the Sharon plain purchased in 1932 from Mustafa Bushnaq and the Shanti family of Qalqilya.[5]

Kfar Yona (Yona’s village) is named for Jean (Yona) Fischer, a Belgian Zionist.[6] It was founded on Tu Bishvat, January 23, 1932 by Morris Fischer, Yona’s son, a member of the World Jewish Congress, and was originally named Gan Yona (Yona’s Garden).

Last Updated On May 20, 2018